Product Function Troubleshooting
- Make sure that your ZBONES have been fully charged (2-hours). Place your ZBONES on your head in the proper wearing position; over the ears, with the speakers resting atop your cheekbones, directly in front of the ears.
- Press and hold the Power-On button until you hear the voice prompt: "Powering On." Shortly after, you will again hear the voice prompt: "Ready to pair."
- Go to your smartphone bluetooth settings and search for "ZBONES" as a listed device. If, during this initial pairing sequence, you do not see "ZBONES" listed, turn your smartphone off and then back on as it may need to go through a "rebooting" process.
- Enable "ZBONES" as the device to pair. In approximately 15-25 seconds, you will hear the voice prompt: "Paired."
- If you are experiencing pairing issues, A eboot of your smartphone may resolve your pairing issues.
- Simply turn your smartphone completely off, wait 60 seconds and turn it back on. Once back on, try the pairing sequence again.
- Yes, you can pair one ZBONES headset to two different bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Example: Pair to a smartphone and a TV sound bar.
- To pair to a second bluetooth-enabled device, make sure the ZBONES are powered-on, and then press and hold the Z-Function button until the "Ready to pair" voice is heard.
- ZBONES will automatically search for the second device. You will hear “Paired” once you are successfully connected to the second bluetooth-enabled device.
A full charge of your ZBONES will take approximately 2 hours.
A full charge of your ZBONES will provide approximately 6-hours of continuous listening. 6-7 days is the approximate “stand by” period before a full recharge of your ZBONES becomes necessary.
- Your ZBONES will provide a series of “beeps” when the remaining battery life reaches 10%.
- Additionally, your ZBONES will flash a red light located below the Power On/Off button when the battery is running low.
- When your ZBONES are fully charged, the flashing light will turn blue.
- Volume adjustment can be performed in two ways: From your ZBONES headset or on your smartphone.
- To adjust volume from your ZBONES Headset, locate the Volume Up/Down buttons on the right side of your headset, directly behind your ear. Refer to the How it Works page to see a product diagram.
- To increase the volume, "quick-click" the Volume Up button until the desired volume level is reached*. To decrease the volume, "quick-click" the Volume Down button until the desired volume level is reached.
- To adjust volume from your smartphone, increase or decrease the volume through your smartphone’s standard volume methods.
- In both instances, you can use one or both of the soft, yellow earplugs that come with your purchase. These earplugs can be used to micro-adjust the volume by decreasing the amount of ambient noise that may be emitted due to your current environment.
- To receive a phone call with your ZBONES, “quick-click" the Z-Function button whenever you are receiving a call.
- If you wish to send the call to voicemail, press and hold the Z-Function button until the incoming call has stopped. To hang-up, simply "quick-click" the Z-Function button. If you were listening to audio at the time of your call, the audio will resume where it left off.
- To place a call, you will need to use your smartphone to initiate the call. Once the dialing process has been completed, you will hear the dialing tone through your ZBONES headset. Simply begin talking when the call is answered. To hang-up, "quick-click" the Z-Function and your audio will resume where it left off.
- On your new phone, go to the bluetooth settings and locate ZBONES.
- Click on the ZBONES name or icon, depending on your type of phone.
- Click on “Forget/Remove This Device” as that will remove any prior settings that have been stored in your ZBONES.
- Click and hold the Z-Function button (left speaker) until you hear “Ready To Pair."
- Your phone's Bluetooth settings will begin searching for a new device to pair with. After a few seconds, the word ZBONES will appear.
- Click on the word ZBONES to execute the final step in the pairing sequence. After a few seconds and once connected with your new phone, your ZBONES will say “Paired." Your phone's bluetooth settings will also display that your ZBONES are connected.
If you have Bluetooth 4.0 or higher on your T.V. then it can transmit sound through your ZBONES.
- ZBONES work very well as an alternative to hearing aids for those who experience basic hearing loss.
- Hearing loss issues are usually located from the outer ear to the eardrum. Our product’s bone conduction technology utilizes the cheekbones to bypass your eardrums, which can circumvent the hearing loss issue.
- If someone claims that their hearing loss is beyond an issue in their eardrum, then ZBONES will not work as an alternative to hearing aids, as those are typically nerve-damage related, or similar, in scope.
No, ZBONES are not waterproof. They cannot be submerged in water or other types of liquids. However, they are sweatproof. They have been thoroughly tested to withstand rigorous physical activity during the hot summer months, and walking/running in the rain or snow.
No, ZBONES are designed as a one-size-fits-all product to accommodate the use of additional items that may be worn while using ZBONES. Example: sun/reading glasses, ball/sock caps, ear protection while shooting, protective hard hats, protective face masks, etc.
The microphone, which appears as a tiny hole, is located between the 11/12 o'clock position above the right speaker on the ZBONES Headphones.
- ZBONES are sweat proof and have an IPX5 rating.
- The rating scale for devices assigned for water protection are from IPX0 (no protection from water or liquids) - IPX8 (the highest rating for full waterproof protection: device can be submerged in water deeper than 1-meter for 30 minutes or more). IP (Ingress Protection) is an internal protection code. X represents not tested against protection from solid objects. The number in the rating represents the protection level from water or other liquids. Devices with an IPX5 rating, such as ZBONES, can resist jets of water at low pressure. Examples: rain, snow, sweat, low pressure, water spray, etc.
- Yes, ZBONES can be used at the shooting range as long as your ear gear does not obstruct your cheekbones.
- Use of your preferred ear protection from loud sounds will still allow for bone conduction through your cheekbones if you choose to wear ZBONES during the activity.
Our preferred over-the-ear ergonomic design, unlike that of some of our competitors, does not "pinch" the skin above the ears, and therefore allows for a more comfortable, long-term wearing experience.
Questions or issues with your ZBONES? Unlike most of our competitors, ZBONES is based in the USA (St. Louis, MO) and provides our customers with unparalleled customer service. In addition, our 30-day, no-questions-asked return-of-purchase-price warranty assures a no-risk product purchase.
Questions? Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact the company by email at email@example.com.
A company representative will reply to your email communication within 24 hours.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
We have a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back, satisfaction guarantee from proof of the date of purchase of your ZBONES headphones.
Full purchase price will be refunded via PayPal payment system upon proof of date-of-purchase and location of purchase (Eg: In person, on-line, etc.) and our confirmed receipt of the return of your ZBONES headphones.
If the purchase was paid in cash at a trade show or similar event from a ZBONES booth, please provide us with the date and location of the purchase by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. See product return shipping information below.
1-Year Limited Warranty
We have a 1-year limited warranty from proof of date-of-purchase on product defects, specific to defective internal components that may cause the product to not operate properly. In the event that you experience an issue with your ZBONES, please email us at email@example.com and we will provide assistance in troubleshooting.
If we are unable to resolve your issue with troubleshooting, we will replace your product free-of-charge upon receipt of your defective product. See product return shipping information below.
90-Day Product Replacement - Not Due to Defective Internal Components
We will replace your ZBONES for a nominal $20.00 replacement charge for product issues NOT RELATED TO defective internal components. This limited replacement time period is from 90-days from proof of the product purchase date.
For us to replace your product during this limited time frame, we must receive all of the following items:
1) Proof of Purchase Date/Receipt. If purchased for cash from a ZBONES representative or from a ZBONES booth at a trade show or similar event, please provide us with the name of the event, date, city/state. You may provide this information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Proof of Return of Product. Ship your ZBONES to us via the product return shipping information below.
3) Provide us with your contact information (First/Last Name, Mailing Address, Phone, Email) for product replacement and replacement charge processing.
Once we have confirmed receipt of purchase information as described above and the returned ZBONES, we will contact you to process the new product replacement charge. Once payment has been approved, we will ship your new replacement pair of ZBONES the same or next business day.
Missouri sales tax will be added, if applicable, as well as standard USPS shipping charges.
Product Return Shipping Information
In the event you need to return your ZBONES, please send to the following address: